As a smaller works exhibition, the Harcourt Applefest Art Show is intimate and distinctive.
The exhibition of high-quality original works has become a central part of the festival. With awards and acclaim to be won, the Show has a history of impressive entries and esteemed exhibitors.
The grand opening and awards night will be held on Thursday 8 March 2018, from 7.30 pm at ANA Hall, Harcourt. Art works will remain on display for Applefest-celebrations and throughout the Labour Day long weekend.
The La Larr Ba Gauwa Harcourt Mountain Bike Trails are an exciting new local development that opens to the public in early 2018. The name, derived from the Dja Dja Wurrung, means ‘stones and mountain’.
The Applefest Art Show coincides with the launch of this great new attraction.
This pivotal local development may inspire artists and be a feature of this year’s art works.
Categories and sections
There are five open award categories, including
- Best in Show
- Best Oil/Acrylic—Cameron Lang Memorial Award
- Best Watercolour—Shirley Stewart Memorial Award
- Best Other Medium
- Best Local Subject—a work, in any medium, depicting an object, event, person or place within the Mount Alexander Shire
The Harcourt Applefest Art Show is also unique for having a large Junior section. The engaging works submitted by younger artists ensure that the Art Show committee is always delighted by emerging styles and fresh perspectives.
- Best Junior & Highly Commended, 12 Years and Under
- Best Junior & Highly Commended, 13 – 18 Years
Harcourt Applefest Art Show Schedule
- Friday 23 February 2017—Entries close
- Thursday 8 March 2017—7.30pm to 9.00pm—Official opening & Presentation of Awards
- Friday 9 March—10.00am – 5.00pm—Exhibition open to the public
- Saturday 10 March—9.00am – 5.00pm—Exhibition open to the public
- Sunday 11 March—10.00am – 5.00pm—Exhibition open to the public
- Monday 12 March—10.00am – 3.00pm—Exhibition open to the public
Enter Your Art
It’s easy to enter your art into the Harcourt Applefest 2017 Art Show.
Check out the Conditions of Entry and Sale and fill out an entry form.